Effective date: July 14, 2020
TERMS & CONDITIONS AGREEMENT
Paul J. Kim Ministries Inc. (“Paul J. Kim”) welcomes you. We invite you to access and use our website.
The material appearing on the websites www.pjkmusic.com and www.catholicadulting.com (“this Site”), is provided as either information about Paul J. Kim’s events, people, courses, programs, services, and stories, or as a platform for online connection and community. The owner of this Site (Paul J. Kim), Paul J. Kim and its directors, agents, employees, and affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information given, found on, or material linked to on this site, the Facebook community group, the Zoom sessions, or the 1 on 1 Coaching sessions. You must be at least 18 years of age to view any page or other correspondence or Content from this Site.
Any information by or on this Site, or the Facebook group, Zoom sessions, or 1 on 1 coaching sessions, is provided for promotional or informational purposes only and is not to be relied upon as a professional opinion whatsoever. Paul J. Kim is not a licensed therapist or financial advisor. All of the information on this site, content, courses, services, or 1 on 1 Coaching, is for educational purposes only and merely cite his own personal opinions. By using this Site, you accept and agree that following any information or recommendations provided therein is at your own risk.
Please read carefully! Your access to and use of this Site is subject to legally binding terms and conditions which you accept and agree to by accessing this Site.
The following terms and conditions form a binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Paul J. Kim Ministries Inc., a company incorporated in the United States of America. Paul J. Kim may modify, amend, supplement, and replace these terms and conditions at any time without advance notice. Your continued use of this Site after any change means you have accepted the changed terms and conditions.
1. Copyright. All materials created by Paul J. Kim on the Site are protected by US copyright laws as original works. The absence of a registered copyright symbol does not mean that such materials are not protected as belonging to Paul J. Kim. This Site as a whole, as well as all materials, name of the course and products, and other elements contained on or otherwise making up this Site (collectively, the “Content”), are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, and other intellectual property laws and international conventions. Unless otherwise noted, all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in and to the Site and Content are owned or licensed by Paul J. Kim.
2. Links to Third-Party Websites. This Site may contain links to third party websites. All such linked sites, materials, and pages are not under the control of Paul J. Kim and Paul J. Kim is not responsible for the content contained in any linked website nor for any losses or damages, you may incur as a result of the use of any such website. Paul J. Kim accepts no liability for any errors or omissions contained in third-party websites. These links are provided to improve your use of the Site, enable you to connect with Paul J. Kim on various platforms, and help Paul J. Kim offer the easiest services for you and conduct transactions.
3. Intellectual Property Ownership. If we have materials on the Site which you can download, a revocable, non-exclusive license is granted for you to download copies of the materials for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Paul J. Kim at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
If Paul J. Kim discovers that you have illegally misappropriated or used any of the intellectual property you were granted access to, you will be blacklisted from any future programs and will seek any all extent of legal remedies and you will be required to cover all legal fees necessary to enforce these rights.
4. Testimonials, User Submissions, & Group Zoom Session Recordings. We love to share your wins and successes inside our programs. By signing up for our programs, courses, and services, you waive the right to anonymity and any recordings or testimonials including unofficial discussions, testimonials, and words via Instagram stories, public Facebook posts or posts inside our Facebook groups, Zoom sessions, Skype sessions, and direct messages with Paul J. Kim have the potential to be used on our marketing materials and/or any promotional efforts.
Except as otherwise agreed to in writing (and with the exception of the specific conditions related to private 1 on 1 coaching sessions in section 16 of these Terms) any and all materials (including user- and visitor-generated materials) submitted to Paul J. Kim either via email, comment forms, or any other page hosted at this Site or its content aggregation systems, or linked sites (i.e. Zoom, Facebook, YouTube, etc) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary (“User Materials”). You hereby grant Paul J. Kim a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, and assignable right and license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, compile and display any User Materials submitted by you as Content on the Site. You waive any claim you have or may have under any theory of natural rights, including Droit Morale, or any right of attribution under the copyright law of any jurisdiction with respect to those User Materials, to the extent this waiver is recognizable under the law of the relevant jurisdiction. Paul J. Kim reserves the right to alter, remove, re-post, re-purpose, market, or trade any such User Materials. Paul J. Kim will have no obligations with respect to such materials. By submitting or transmitting User Materials, you hereby confirm that your contribution of any such material is your own original work and does not infringe any third party rights or laws. Please note that all User Materials submitted may be viewable to anyone on the Internet, and may be found via search engines. Please be cognizant of what you post.
5. Our Refund Policy. We hold a very sensible ‘Do The Work’ Refund policy which basically means you have to prove you’ve gone through the course, do all the required work, answer a few questions which we’ll ask you once you can prove to us that you’ve done the work related to the available course modules and then we’ll have the unilateral discretion to grant a refund. If you want a refund, contact us within 30 days of purchasing the course, and prove you’ve done the available course modules and we’ll send some follow-up questions.
If you decide your purchase was not the right decision for you or your business, please contact our support team at [email protected] within 30 days of enrollment. You must include your coursework with your request for a refund. If you request a refund and do not include your coursework by the 30th day, you will not be granted a refund. All refunds are discretionary as determined by Paul J. Kim Ministries Inc.
We are about honesty, fairness, and customer satisfaction and have no problem issuing a full refund if you’ve actually tried your best and done the work but the course was not fitting for your personal goals.
5.1 An example of a situation where we wouldn’t give a refund is if someone doesn’t put in any effort, doesn’t try out our courses, doesn’t take full responsibility for their own success and then asks for their money back. We also do not offer refunds for those who attempt to use the refund policy as a way to opt-out of any existing financial obligation and/or payment plan already committed to upon signing up for our program, or students who decide to change their business direction after purchasing the course.
5.2. An example of a situation where we would give a refund is if you do the entire course, tried your best, share with us what you learned, and then give an objectively fair reason why you want your money back. This means we are expecting the following documents and tasks to be completed:
Disclaimer: Due to the digital nature of our course, we do not offer refunds for those who do not do their due diligence to ensure the course is the right fit for them. It is your responsibility to review our sales page and terms and conditions carefully prior to purchase, use, or access to any of our products and online courses. We have taken every measure to clearly communicate through all marketing channels, communication platforms, sales pages, and webinars to educate the public on who our programs and online courses would and would not benefit.
5.3. No refunds will be offered for the 1 on 1 Coaching sessions.
6. Termination of Membership. You have the right to terminate your use and access to our membership program(s), past and present (these are different than the online courses and Facebook groups, and refer specifically to Membership Programs. Please send an email to [email protected] to start the process in writing. Cancellation of your membership does not excuse you from any outstanding balances from previous monthly membership fees and any outstanding balances will become immediately due upon the cancellation request being initiated. Your membership is not canceled until all balances owing are paid.
7. Being Blacklisted. Paul J. Kim retains the right to ‘Blacklist’ you from accessing any and all materials, courses, groups, membership groups, or other products or services she offers in the event that you do not pay your bills or if you steal any of our intellectual property. You will be taken off the blacklist once you pay your full amount owing.
8. Payment Plans for Membership Groups. You will have two options of payment plans with Paul J. Kim when purchasing Membership plans (this does not include online courses or Plus Community groups). You can either pay up-front in full or you can pay in monthly installments. Please note that for monthly payments, Stripe will automatically deduct the amount from the account information you provide Stripe. In the event your payment fails, you will not be able to access any of the information or content sold through our Site or any other of our courses, products, or services. In the event of three failed payments, you understand Paul J. Kim may contract a collection agency to collect the money from you. Please note a payment plan is not a membership, in which you cannot cancel at any time. By signing up for our payment plan, you agree to pay the balance owing to your payment plan.
9. Breaking Payment Plans + Discontinued Payments. In the event that you break your agreed-upon payment plan, our team will permit a three month grace period and will actively work with you to get payments back on track. However, after three months of delinquent payments, you will be charged 10% per month for every month thereafter, that you either pause or discontinue your payment plan for up to one year. The 10% late fee will only commence after your initial three month grace period.
10. No Guarantees. We make NO GUARANTEES about any success that you’ll get from our Site or our courses, groups, services, 1 on 1 coaching sessions, or any of our free offers. We will do everything with the intention of helping you to succeed, but we make no guarantees and we try our best but can only control so much about your success through our courses. You understand that Paul J. Kim makes no guarantees whatsoever regarding any results based on any action or inaction relating to your life, relationships, business, etc... based on the information we share or services we sell or share for free through the Site. At the end of the day, we will not be responsible or make any promises for what will happen in your life, relationships, or business. Even if you’ve worked with us as a client before and had certain results, we make no guarantee that will happen again. We cannot be any more clear about this: We love you, but we make no promises regarding results and make no guarantees whatsoever.
11. Entire Agreement. These terms and conditions and any other legal notices, policies and guidelines of Paul J. Kim linked to these terms and conditions or contained on this Site constitutes the entire agreement between you and Paul J. Kim relating to your use of this Site and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written), claims, representations, and understandings of the parties regarding such subject matter. This Agreement may not be amended or modified except by Paul J. Kim.
13. Limitation of Liability and Indemnity. In no event shall Paul J. Kim or his affiliates be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to view or use the materials or content on the Site, even if Paul J. Kim has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
14. Governing Law. Any claim relating to Paul J. Kim's website shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
15. Indemnity. As a condition of your use of the Site, you hereby indemnify Paul J. Kim and its directors and affiliates from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from or arising from your use of this Site, related products, groups, information, 1 on 1 Coaching Sessions, or services.
16. 1 on 1 Coaching Sessions.
Paul J. Kim and this site's directors, agents, employees, and affiliates assume no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting directly or indirectly from any action or inaction you take based on the information given, found on, or material linked to on this site or the 1 on 1 Coaching sessions. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the 1 on 1 Coaching sessions, or view any page or other correspondence or Content from this Site.
Any information by or on this Site or 1 on 1 coaching sessions, is provided for promotional or informational purposes only and is not to be relied upon as a professional opinion whatsoever. By using this Site and its related products, services, or 1 on 1 Coaching, you accept and agree that following any information or recommendations provided therein is at your own risk.
The information, content, and opinions provided during 1 on 1 coaching sessions are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site, course, or any related content. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor, go to the emergency room, or call 911 immediately. Paul J. Kim does not endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on this site.
Although Paul J. Kim has a Master's Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, he is not a professionally licensed therapist, his services through this site, services, courses, and 1 on 1 coaching sessions do not include professional DSM-V diagnosis. Paul J. Kim does not bill insurance companies and he does not participate in legal proceedings.
Paul J. Kim is not a financial advisor. All of the information on this site, content, courses, services, or 1 on 1 Coaching, is for educational purposes only. In order to make the best financial decision that suits your own needs, you must conduct your own research and seek the advice of a licensed financial advisor if necessary. Know that all investments involve some form of risk and there is no guarantee that you will be successful in making, saving, or investing money; nor is there any guarantee that you won't experience any loss when investing. Always remember to make smart decisions and do your own research.
Paul J. Kim and user will correspond via email and agree upon a date and time, as soon as possible and as soon as available for both Paul J. Kim and the user; within 1 year of the time of purchase for the 1 on 1 Coaching Session. Paul J. Kim is not responsible for the user not responding to the inquiry email (sent after the purchase of the 1 on 1 Coaching Session), and thus leading to the inability to schedule a 1 on 1 Coaching Session within 1 year of the time of purchase. If the user does not respond to the inquiry email within 1 year of the time of purchase, Paul J. Kim reserves the right to terminate the offer on the 1 on 1 Coaching Session.
No refunds will be given for the 1 on 1 Coaching Sessions.
Paul J. Kim reserves the right to end the 1 on 1 Coaching Sessions at any time during the actual session, even if the full allotted time for the session has not been reached.
Paul J. Kim reserves the right to record the 1 on 1 Coaching sessions, for archiving purposes. 1 on 1 Coaching session video records will remain confidential unless the user agrees either verbally (via the video recording) or in writing, that they give Paul J. Kim permission to utilize the video or audio recording or footage from the 1 on 1 Coaching session. Confidentiality does not mean that Paul J. Kim cannot share the information disclosed in the 1 on 1 coaching session while keeping your name and identity anonymous, on this site, during an event, publically, or on all his platforms.
If you grant Paul J. Kim permission to share recordings or footage from the 1 on 1 coaching session either verbally through the video session recording or in a written agreement, you thereby grant Paul J. Kim a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, and assignable right and license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, compile and display any User Materials submitted by you as Content on the Site. You waive any claim you have or may have under any theory of natural rights, including Droit Morale, or any right of attribution under the copyright law of any jurisdiction with respect to those User Materials, to the extent this waiver is recognizable under the law of the relevant jurisdiction. Paul J. Kim reserves the right to alter, remove, re-post, re-purpose, market, or trade any such User Materials. Paul J. Kim will have no obligations with respect to such materials. By submitting or transmitting User Materials, you hereby confirm that your contribution of any such material is your own original work and does not infringe any third party rights or laws. Please note that all User Materials submitted may be viewable to anyone on the Internet, and may be found via search engines. Please be cognizant of what you post.
17. Viruses, Damage and Availability. Paul J. Kim makes no warranty or claim that functions available on this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes it available, nor the Content itself is and/or will be free of viruses, bugs, or other malicious code. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output, and for the security of yourself and the device used by you to view any Content from this Site.
Paul J. Kim